Saturday 8 May 2010

Marrakech - The Unexpected Building


The Hotel Kasbar and Spa is a relatively new hotel on the outskirts of Marrakech and one place I had never expected to visit. A volcanic cloud from Iceland introduced us. This is a building designed for the holiday maker, and the luxury holiday maker at that. It is a place for relaxing and indulging. Unfortunately the spa part was still under contruction, during our stay. The hotel echoing the features of Moroccan design with the house built around a pool and most, but not all, balconied rooms opening out towards it








Experiencing a type of holiday I was unfamiliar with, I firstly set out to show the pool area, which seemed the hub of life in the hotel and I chose to show it at night. Following that I observed the culture of the sun lounger and the towel. There seemed something uniform, yet a little odd about staking claim to a peice of basket work.

No comments:

Post a Comment